Spotting all the trends

July 14, 2009

Paris Fashion Week

I have been a little behind on the couture shows that debuted in Paris about a week ago but I haven't hooked up internet in my new place so now is all I have! Nevertheless, it only takes one word to sum up Paris Fashion Week....lace. It was everywhere! I predict lace will make a comeback for fall now that house hold names such as Elie Saab, Christian Lacroix, Alexis Mabille, and Givenchy incorpated lace into their couture lines. I've never been a huge fan of lace but I can see it's appeal especially to French Romanticists, which is exactly what I thought of when I saw pictures of their new designs. One common thread I noticed for all the looks is the rich pallete of colors and a strong focus on feminimity.

The show I thought stood out the most was Elie Saab. Many of her all white designs caused a giggle among fashionistas. However, she dared to be different more than the other designers. In my opinion, couture is all about trying new things and breaking rules. Who made the rule of no white for fall? Since when do we have to trade in our bright colors and whites for deep blues and dull grays? It's so cliché. Saab's clean lines and feministic tone justified her bold decision to go white. Personally, I love it.

Here were a few of my favorites from Saab:
Photos courtesy of style.com




No comments:

Post a Comment