Spotting all the trends

May 20, 2009

I Am A Bad Girl

My friend came into town to visit me and we decided to take up our favorite pastime, shopping! We hit up the mall and did a little too much damage. These days, when money is tight, the ultimate goal is to get the more for less. One of my favorite places to visit in order to find trendy but inexpensive apparel is Forever 21. Let's just say, I haven't shopped in awhile so I bought more than I should have...but I found a lot of cute stuff. 

Another problem is everything I tend to pick out is majority, if not all black. Yes, it is summer and I am buying 5 black pieces in one outing. There is no doubt it is one of my favorite colors to wear. However, for all those black fanatics out there, I think I have managed to make black work for summer. There are tons of short black minidresses. The trick is to keep it casual by keeping the material thin and making sure the pattern has at-least a pop of color. I bought this one below as a cute way to incorporate black into a summer dress. It is short and sleeveless which takes the edge off. I call it the picnic dress.

Here are a couple of other things I bought. They are mostly black but I think I will be able to pull it off even now in the summertime. I believe you can wear black all year long. Plus, sometimes you can find really good deals by buying these styles in the summer. For example, I got found the boots pictured below for just 6 bucks! Maybe it pays off to be out of season!

          
* Dress, Belt, Boots< $35!! * Boots=$6!!

No comments:

Post a Comment