Spotting all the trends

May 18, 2009

Denim is back?

There has been recent buzz about bringing back the denim jacket. I was a little surprised to see them make a comeback. Don't get me wrong..a jean jacket has its place in the wardrobe but a very small one. As soon as a I see one, I have flashbacks to more than a decade ago. I'm not sure if these flashbacks should creep back into the present. Overall, I am not a huge fan because it gives me the impression of too much youth and innocence. It has always been my personal style to favor more mature, assertive pieces. However, I have seen some modern adaptations of the classic trend that I feel transforms the denim jacket into a modern day must have. I really like the Denim Moto Jacket by Tara Subkoff available at Bebe and the 7 For All Mankind Mars Jacket. These jackets work for modern day because they are more fitted than the classic jacket from back in the day and they have the three-quarter length sleeve, which makes for a more feministic look. There it is, that is my two cents on denim jackets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment