Spotting all the trends

July 25, 2009

Siriano's Less Is More Strategy

If you know me, then you know I love Project Runway. One of my favorite designers from the show is the fabulous Christian Siriano. Why do I love him so much?! He is one of few that understands less is more. I am a huge fan of his simple and clean lines that make up his stunning collections. Case in point, his fall collection. He never underestimates the power of a strong but limited color palate. I noticed immediately that he focuses on only a couple key colors with each look having very slight variations. Maybe some might find these boring. However, to use one of Tim Gunn's more famous lines, it makes for a more "cohesive look."  All together, the most memorable part of the collection was the expert use of strong hues (love brown!). I am always a fan.

One of my favorite looks from the fall collection:



Photo courtesy of NY Mag

No comments:

Post a Comment