Spotting all the trends

August 26, 2009

Project Runway is Back!


I hope everyone watched the season premiere of
Project Runway last week! I thought the first challenge of creating a red carpet look was a good starter. If you can't design atleast a formal dress than get out of town! First thing is first, what was Ari thinking? Mini shorts on a red carpet? That is red flag number one. This outfit looks like something I might wear to a run down night club. Not really the tone we're going for here. Second, the metallic discs that made up her shirt. This would work perfectly if I was planning a trip to Pluto but seeing as though I think Earth will be my permanent residence, I don't see the use for the alien-esque ensemble. I will give props to Ari for being bold. Atleast she took risk. Unfortunately, that risk was just too much for the first challenge. My favorite design of the night was definitely Gordana's. The strapless mini was simple, cute, and figure flattering. Not to mention, I love the sea-foam color. Check it out!

Also, The Rachel Zoe Project premiered this past Monday. Is it just me or is Rachel Zoe gaining quite the clientele? She was styling quite a few of the Hollywood's elite for the Golden Globes including Anne Hathaway, Eva Mendes, Cameron Diaz, Demi Moore, and Debra Messing. My favorite of the night was Eva Mendes, hands down! I love the color contrast of the white dress to the eye-catching teal choker. Doesn't she look fierce!

"Bananas, I die," to quote the style guru herself.

Attention students! Fashion 101 is officially in session so get watchin'!

Photo courtesy of Harper's Bazaar

No comments:

Post a Comment