Spotting all the trends

July 1, 2009

Media and Fashion Unite

I found this article on Twitter and it really caught my eye. LA Times blogger, Booth Moore, highlighted a huge collaboration between the world of media and fashion with the new merchandiser in town, Bravo TV. Usually, if you saw a cute accessory from your favorite show, that cable network would direct you to a site where you could purchase that item. Not now! Bravo is the first network to eliminate the middle man. Now, networks are retailers. Like Moore, I noticed this on the Project Runway spinoff, The Fashion Show, where the winning designs were ordered and bought right off bravotv.com. I thought, "Now isn't that convenient." I don't know why someone never thought of this before. It is a genius idea and I'm stoked that Bravo, one of my favorite networks, was the first to do it!

Click here to read the LA Times article

No comments:

Post a Comment